Calling All Nominations for the 2014 Arthur Gibb Award
In honor of Vermont legislator Arthur Gibb, who dedicated much of his life to public service to ensure that Vermont is a better place for future generations, VNRC is accepting nominations for the 2014 Arthur Gibb Award for Individual Leadership.
Past award winners can be found here and include:
- Bob Klein, State Director, Vermont Chapter of The Nature Conservancy for over thirty years (pictured here, receiving award from VNRC Executive Director Brian Shupe)
- John Ewing, Founder, Vermont Forum on Sprawl (later renamed Smart Growth Vermont and merged with VNRC in 2011)
- Gus Seelig, Executive Director, Vermont Housing & Conservation Board
- Rob Woolmington, Attorney, Bennington, Vermont
- Paul Bruhn, Executive Director, Preservation Trust of Vermont
- Robert Lloyd, Planning Commission Chair, Tinmouth, Vermont
- Connie Snow, Executive Director, Windham and Windsor Housing Trust
This year, we seek to honor an individual whose leadership at the local or regional level has brought about positive and lasting change in the way his or her community integrates growth and conservation. (Individuals who have demonstrated such leadership at the state level will be honored in alternating years.)
All nominees will be considered for the award based on qualities exemplified by Arthur Gibb, including their commitment to public service, leadership, vision, humility, creativity, balance and integrity.
Smart Growth Vermont founded the Arthur Gibb Award in 2006, and merged with VNRC in July 2011. VNRC is committed to continuing the important work of Smart Growth Vermont, including the tradition of celebrating Vermont’s land use leaders.
We look forward to receiving your submission no later than Thursday, May 15.