How to Give a Gift of Stock
Thank you for considering a gift of stock to the Vermont Natural Resources Council. VNRC’s endowment and reserve funds are held in fossil fuel free investments.
You will need to notify your broker in writing that you are making a charitable gift to VNRC. To transfer stock directly to VNRC’s account, your broker will need the following information:
VNRC’s Brokerage Firm:
DTC # 0164
ACCOUNT # 1110-5142
ACCOUNT NAME: Vermont Natural Resources Council
Stephanie Leighton, CFA
Senior Vice President, Portfolio Manager
Trillium Asset Management LLC
711 Atlantic Avenue, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02111-2809
(617) 423-6655 Boston office main number
(617) 532-6667 (direct phone)
(617) 482-6179 (fax)
PLEASE NOTE: It is important to notify VNRC of your stock gift as your name may not be included in the transfer. We will need to know the name of the stock and the number of shares. Please contact Stephanie Mueller with this information at (802) 223-2328 ext. 113 or email@example.com. Thank you!
To give via stock certificates:
(1) Sign each stock certificate.
(2) Write a letter to VNRC stating that you are giving the stocks as a charitable gift.
(3) Include a photocopy of your legal signature (from a driver’s license, passport, etc.).
(4) Send (via certified or registered mail) the certificates, letter, and photocopy of your signature to:
9 Bailey Ave
Montpelier, VT 05602
If you have any questions or need assistance with making a gift of stock, please contact us.